Humpback whales are famous for their songs, and for their long migrations, from polar regions to the tropics.
Whaling nearly made them extinct. They seem to recover better from whaling now than some other whale species.
At first, they went north. Later, they changed course to the south: the right direction for humpback whales migration this time of the year.
UPDATE: they seem to be an adult female with her baby.
Here is a video of mother and baby humpback whale near Castricum. A video which shows that it is not always easy to film whales
- Unusual sighting of five humpback whales off Ireland’s south west coast – VIDEO (irishcentral.com)
- AK: Humpback Whales (alaskapublic.org)
- Video: Norwegian Kayakers Have Close Encounter With Humpback Whale (gadling.com)
- Close encounter with humpback whale off Australian coast captured on camera (telegraph.co.uk)
- Remarkable whale hunt captured off coast for the first time (independent.ie)
- WATCH: Family Gets Extremely Close To Whales (huffingtonpost.com)
- Humpback whale disentangled off Cape Cod (bostonherald.com)
- Extraordinary white humpback whale documented off Norway (grindtv.com)
- Rare White Humpback Whale Spotted Near Norway (treehugger.com)